Monday, January 23, 2012

Life Lessons Learned from Replacing a Bedroom Door Knob


So the door knob of my housemate’s bedroom door froze. It wouldn’t move at all! I own the house and so fixing it is my responsibility. I took the door knob and started fiddling with it….and time past….


Lesson 1 – Don’t attempt to do things when you are tired as it isn’t really effective

Lesson 2 – Having enough rest is important- being rested is a 2012 goal.


Now this knob is a trashy gold color left over from the previous owners of my house! Great, I thought! I’ll just replace the knob with a nice stainless steel one.

Next day off I go to the home improvement store, Home Depot. 8.94 dollars later and 30 minutes later I am back home and proud owner of a nice stainless steel door knob. I put it in and it won’t turn! It just won’t!!! GRRRR!!!!



Lesson 3 – Life has many bumps on the road to your destinations.


So, I removed the new door knob and put it back sequentially, checking at every step. Now I noticed that the knob mechanism was catching as the previous owner had not done a good job punching a hole in the door. A little elbow grease with a tool or two and problem solved. Finally new door knob back in door and working perfectly. Happy housemate and happy home owner.


Lesson 4 – Don’t give up when your life trip gets rough. Have confidence, and apply one self. It will work out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment